Saturday, April 4, 2020

Life is Different Now

First of all, before I get started...one of my new blog posts disappeared. The one about things I never thought I'd do, about getting a tattoo. So if you should happen to see it, please copy and paste and email it to me at alysia75@aol.com. Please and thank you!

Anyway...

I have to wonder if life as we know it has changed. Forever. It just feels like nothing will ever be the same again. I guess how could it be? 

I really hope we now don't take things for granted, like it was so easy to do before. Simple things. Going to dinner with my husband. Taking the kids for ice cream cones. Picking up a book at the library. Going to the gym. Truly, how lucky was I? And believe me, I know that I still am...to be able to quarantine with these people. So many people are alone. There are 6 of us in our quarantine headquarters. It actually feels luxurious. I guess it kind of is. 

Furthermore, rules have pretty much gone out the window. You go to bed when you want. You sleep as late as you want. It's like summertime on steroids up in here. It's gonna be a rough return to reality. But at the same time, I think we're all going to be so happy when things are back to normal. It's going to be a relief to wake up with an alarm and go to school and work. Because right just now it feels like that's never gonna happen. 

If anything good comes of this at all, it's this...I know beyond a shadow of a doubt how incredibly lucky I am. I mean, I think I always did know, but now more than ever. I hope I never forget, not for a second. And I hope the same for anyone reading this.

Yes, life is different now. 

For my kids, they are now growing up in a way I never did, in a way no one did. This is shaping the essence of their being. I hope for the better. What I hope for them is they always appreciate the simple things, the little things that make life beautiful. 


No comments: