Friday, January 28, 2011

Life List 101 Update

First of all, I've added a page for my Life List, you can see the link for it above (below the blog title and picture). I will update the page when I add new things to my list or accomplish anything on it. 

I've been reading Run Like A Mother, by Sarah Bowen Shea and Dimity McDowell, to help get  me into the running mindset (so I can accomplish #3 on my list - Run A 5K). I also run in place in my family room while doing the Wii Fit. Stop laughing. I know it's so not like real running, but at least maybe I am beginning to train my lungs not to burst into flames. I'm planning to buy a jogging stroller, hopefully in the next month or so, and my friend Julie told me about a 5K in May that we could maybe do together. 

I have a few additions to my list. After I got through the first 34, I've been finding it more difficult to think of more things I want to add. 

Also, I want to encourage anyone reading this to go ahead and make your own list. Keep it private or tell everyone like I'm doing. But do it for yourself. It's a fun activity to get you excited about your life. (Wait a minute. Am I channeling Dr. Phil?) It'll make you think about what you want to get out of life, because cliche as it is, life is what we make of it. Make it something good.

35. Learn to play the piano. Just a little would be fine. We have this piano sitting in our living room, someone is going to learn how to play the darn thing.
36. Get on a vitamin regiment. Learn about what I should be taking and do it every day. I've been taking calcium supplements for a couple months now, but I know there is more I should be doing. 
37. Transform my bedroom into a restful oasis; a clean, tidy and organized place Chris and I can go to relax. As the only room with a door on our first floor (besides the bathroom), our bedroom is generally the catch-all where we shove everything extraneous anytime we're expecting company. I want it to be beautiful and peaceful instead. 
38. Get in a regular habit of rotating one-on-one time with each of the kids. We don't even have to leave the house, but it would be great if we did at least once a month or so.
39. Organize all of my photos, both digital and print. This is going to be a huge job, and when I'm done with my own, Chris's mom has tons of old pictures in her attic that I'd like to get in new albums. 


That's all I can think of for now, but I will be working on adding more. If you make your own list, I'd love you to share it with me. At least some of it. Please. I'm nosy, but I could also use some inspiration.

No comments: