Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's All Good

Last weekend, I was able to spend some time with a few of my awesome friends.  A couple of the ladies have March birthdays, so we went out to celebrate Friday night. We were not actually asked to leave, but boy let me tell ya, it was coming. Saturday I got to see some of the very same ladies again for a different kind of birthday party...one for a 3-year old. As you can imagine, it was fun in a completely different way. For example, no one was trying to hide anyone's credit card so they couldn't buy anymore drinks. Nor was anyone shamelessly singing karaoke. Or picking up (literally...picking UP, off the ground) random strangers. Just sayin'. Not that any of those things happened Friday night. This is purely hypothetical. I swear.


And now it's Spring! Finally! Spring! But wait, I just looked outside and Spring just happens to look quite a bit like Winter at the moment. Hmm. Abracadabra! I choose a different state! A warm one! Please?!


I paid off my library fines last week, so now I am free to check out tons of books again. One of my favorite things to do! Yay! 

I got some new jeans at Target for $6...and I didn't try them on in the store and they fit me perfectly. Yay!  

I went to Joann's and bought some yarn and crochet hooks and a book about how to crochet which turned out to be totally useless. But YouTube! There are videos for everything on YouTube, including crochet lessons. Yay! Plus childrens' books about crocheting from the library, which are right about my speed. I've been practicing my stitches. They look pretty but I can't yet get my rows uniform. When I figure that out perhaps I can actually make something.

Things, in general, have been going really well. But I have this mental problem. Happiness scares me.  I know, I know, I know...how stupid, right? Do I think I don't deserve it for some reason? Am I really a pessimist posing as an optimist? There is this nagging fear in the back of my mind that it can't last, that I've filled my quotient. I'm trying to combat that fear with rosy thoughts of rainbows and unicorns. Because, elusive happiness, I do deserve you. So there.

**P.S. Don't forget to enter my Nutella giveaway! The deadline is March 31!**

1 comment:

Tracy Balderach said...

Sometimes it's just the little "Yays" in routine that get us all in a good groove- love the $6 jean story! Double yay for that one....:)