Monday, March 22, 2010

Stop Complaining!

I stumbled across another blog today, written by Tim Ferriss, author of The Four Hour Work Week. As I was browsing the site, I found a great post about changing your attitude, the-21-day-no-complaint-experiment. The basic premise is a challenge to stop complaining for 21 days. During this time, you wear a bracelet or rubber band on one wrist, and every time you slip up, you switch the bracelet or rubber band to the other wrist and start all over again. I decided to try this challenge for myself. Today was meant to be my first day, but I aleady slipped (I muttered about the nasty weather we are having today), so it looks like tomorrow will be my new first day. I am interested to see how this goes. As a general rule, I try not to complain too much, but I could definitely use some improvement. I will continue to blog about my progress.

We had a busy weekend, full of birthday parties and time with friends and family. I am feeling truly blessed at the moment. My friends are awesome and  Chris and I have had a string of good luck that has been truly burden-lifting. I am so thankful for all that I have, especially the people in my life.

In other news, my kids never fail to make me smile and fill me with pride and laughter. Friday afternoon Linda and I took Lucy and Mathilda to lunch at Coney Island. When we were paying the bill, Lucy was offered a balloon. She said "No thank  you. I am a grown up and I'm married already." Also, she was wearing her Belle dress. She wore it everywhere we went Friday and Saturday. Sunday she switched to her Ariel dress, which she is wearing again today. I love taking her errands while she is wearing a princess dress and crown. This kid could not get much cuter. Yesterday, Mathilda pulled herself up to standing for the first time. She was quite proud of herself. Connor has been improving greatly in his Lego-building skills. He can now follow the directions and put most of his Lego stuff together on his own. Bethany continues to be a huge help to me. Every single day she does so much with Mathilda and in general is just incredibly helpful. Yesterday she wrote a few songs on the computer. After school today she told me she wants to start writing a book.

No comments: