Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday Thankful Round-Up











For the moment I've given up all pretense of posting thankfuls daily. Eventually I'll start up again, but for now at least I'm doing it weekly.


Here's what I'm giving thanks for this week:

  • Great friends who are loyal and SO MUCH FUN to be with!
  • Our former neighbor who showed up to babysit last Friday night even though we were sure she would have forgotten since she is only 13 and just moved and has a lot of other stuff going on in her life. 
  • My aunt who volunteered to babysit Friday night because we were sure the former neighbor wasn't going to show up. So we had 2 babysitters! Sounds awkward, but it actually worked out.
  • My aunt brought her grandson, who is my godson, with her to babysit, and he spent the night, and the kids all had such a great time together.
  • Chris's show (with his band The Smiths United) on Friday was a great success.
  • Girls night on Saturday night was also a great success.
  • Celebrating 13 years of marriage.
  • My mother-in-law kept all the munchkins overnight so Chris and I could go out for our anniversary.
  • My brother-in-law is in from Florida for a week.
  • My ability to stay relatively calm even when packing for a week's vacation hasn't even commenced the day before departure.
  • I was accepted to attend a parenting leadership conference in a couple weeks. I get to stay overnight in a hotel, all by myself! I've never ever done that before.
  • A/c in this crazy heat!
What about you? What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: