Monday, November 5, 2012

30 Days of Thankful: Day 5



Day 5  There are so many things to be thankful for, it's always difficult to narrow it down to just one thing!  I don't think I can do that today, so I present a hodge podge of gratitude, like I usually do on Thursdays.

If you're my friend on Facebook, you might have seen my post that a friend of ours was hit (and dragged, and run over) by a bus while riding his bicycle on Saturday. Yes, I said a BUS. Somehow, miraculously, he is alive and he's going to be okay. Yesterday he had surgery, and his doctors have marveled that he was within less than an inch of becoming paralyzed. Now he has a long recovery and a one-to-three month long hospital stint ahead of him, but the important thing is that he survived being literally run over by a bus.

Connor wasn't feeling well all weekend, and spent most of Saturday and Sunday in bed. He's a very good, undemanding little patient. At bedtime last night, he happened to mention that his throat hurt. Since his stomach had also been upset, my thoughts immediately went to strep. So this morning I took him to the doctor, and sure enough he had a positive strep test. But I'm thankful that he's already feeling better, and that he's not a complaining whiner when he feels sick.

No school tomorrow! Yippee! The little girls are staying over night at my in-law's, and the house is quiet with just the big kids at home.

My new mattress is dreamy...it's totally different from any mattress I've ever had, and while it's taking some getting use to, I'm falling in love with it.

Gym time tonight...I only got there once last week (I also worked out at home a couple times), and I'm anxious to get back to couch25K.

Supportive mom friends who offer to drive Bethany to and from activities...this helps me out so much, I can't even express!

And more...so much more...but duty calls. I'll be back tomorrow with more thankful stuff.

No comments: