Wednesday, January 16, 2013

So What! Wednesday

So What Wednesday


I'm linking up with Shannon from Life After I "Dew" for So What! Wednesday!

This week I'm saying So What!...

Our Christmas tree didn't leave the house until yesterday. 

I use to think people who didn't put up Christmas trees were total bah humbug cretins. Now...I can sort of see their point of view. Let's just say I'm happy to have my living room back.

I'm struggling to get back into the blogging swing of things.

I don't know if I'm coming or going half the time.

Several months ago I made a big fuss over my new desk/work space in the family room. And now I've decided it's got to go. Turns out, it has become a catch all for the whole family. Since it's by the back door, I have big plans to make it into a sort of mud room-ish area, where the kids can sit down to take their boots off & hang up their backpacks after school. Mainly because I'm sick of our tiny little entry way by the front door being stacked with wet boots, or worse yet - salt/slush/mud/snow being tracked through the house multiple times per day. 

Not long ago, Chris opened up the ceiling in the basement where the laundry chute opens. It had been closed up since we moved in. Kids are much more willing to take care of dirty laundry when they can put it down a laundry chute.

Same holds true for shredding paper. I got a paper shredder for Christmas and apparently it is SO MUCH fun to shred paper. Kids are way more willing to take care of their paper trash if they can shred it!

I truly do not enjoy soliciting auction donations. And wouldn't you know I am up to my eyeballs in preschool auction acquisitions. Furthermore, a masochistic streak propelled me to volunteer to solicit donations for our elementary school as well. I can only ignore so many pleading emails, notes home, and Facebook statuses. I'm doing it because I know how important it is for the schools to raise that money. But that doesn't mean I'm going to like it!

I'm glad to finally have some music on my iPod. But I need a lot more. I'm totally sick of listening to the same songs, and half of them are completely inappropriate for running or working out. They are more appropriate for, say, meditating. Any and all suggestions welcome!

That said, I listen to my Les Miserable soundtrack continuously in the car. Never gets old.

I got good baby fixes last week. I visited my friend and her 4-week old baby one day, and the next saw another friend's 7-month old baby. All that baby holding warmed my heart. There are many days when I can't believe I'm never having another one. (but I'm not)

Lucy got an American Girl doll for Christmas. This week I'm selling it so she can use the money to buy sleeping bags for her Princess & Me dolls. True story.

I wish I had started being a vegetarian years ago. I don't miss meat, except for occasionally when I get a whiff of bacon cooking.

What are you saying So What! to this week?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm cracking up about the laundry chute. I always wanted one!!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

Sarah Park said...

Holiday aftermath chores can really be tiring. But it's good to see your old, normal arrangements. And some additional things you got from the holidays.