Monday, June 27, 2011

Sookie's Back: The Return of True Blood

True Blood: The Complete First Season (HBO Series) [Blu-ray]
Just when I was beginning to forget that the big black box hanging on my family room wall played things other than Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Sprout, and Nick Jr., one of my favorite shows returned. Last night I tried (and more or less succeeded) to enjoy the season premier of True Blood, despite a raging headache and an insomnia-stricken 2-year old. Oh Sookie, I've missed you.

I think I should have watched the final episode from last season right before watching the season premier, because I must admit I was a little bit lost. I don't want to give too much away in case you haven't watched it yet, but it definitely had a lot going on. Lots of fodder for this season. I'm intrigued by Sookie's new found knowledge of her fairy heritage, by Bill's new role in the vampire kingdom, Lafayette's involvement in the witchy group, Tara's new life in New Orleans, and of course - what is going to happen to Sookie and Jason?!?!? 

For those who are so curious they just can't wait until next Sunday, episode 2 is already available on HBO On Demand. I'm not quite sure why HBO opted to offer up the next episode early, and I haven't decided whether I'm going to take advantage. I like looking forward to my show on Sunday nights. I wish they would have just done a two-hour premier instead.

I'm also a fan of the Sookie Stackhouse books, and I've read most of them. So sometimes the differing story lines trip me up while I'm trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

Are you a Sookie fan? What did you think of the season premier? Have you read the books too?

No comments: