Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sweet Valley Fluff



Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years LaterWhen I was a kid I devoured books. I couldn't get new ones fast enough. This has carried over into adulthood, I read as often and as much as I can. I used to be a fan of those dichotomous Sweet Valley twins, so I was intrigued when I heard that a sequel recently came out, Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later. Truthfully, I haven't thought about the twins in years. But I was suddenly curious - what had become of Elizabeth and Jessica?

Well they've pretty much turned out as you might have imagined they would...successful and gorgeous. But that conniving Jessica might have finally gone too far, even pushing Elizabeth to the point of evil revenge plots. The book is very reminiscent of the old Sweet Valley books I read years go, though the girls are all grown up now and the author, Francine Pascal, is tipping them over to R-rated territory. Light and shallow, entertaining yet not really thought-provoking at all, Sweet Valley Confidential is a good book to read when you don't feel like stretching your brain muscles much. If you were a fan of the books as a kid, give this one a try, if only to satisfy your curiosity. Because I know you've been tortured all these years by the uncertainty of the Wakefield twins' ascent into adulthood.

No comments: