Friday, August 26, 2011

It Happened To Me - I Got Sucked Into An iPod App

First off, this is entirely the fault of my children. As I previously mentioned, Bethany recently bought herself a new iPod Touch and gave her old one to Lucy. She left all of her numerous apps on it, and Lucy has been joyfully trying all of them out. She came across Restaurant Story and got hooked, which is slightly problematic because she can't read and it's kind of necessary to read in the game.


So...she was repeatedly asking for my help. Restaurant Story is a game where you run a restaurant, cook recipes, serve them, expand your business, and so on. Like so many other time suck games out there. As I was helping Lucy, I became more and more interested in the game myself. And I started annoying Lucy as she was following me around the house begging for a chance to play her own game on her own iPod.


I did the only logical thing I could think of. I downloaded Restaurant Story on my own iPod Touch. Let's just say, when I've considered spending real money on gems so I can advance in the game and buy more stuff, I know I'm in trouble. Gulp. I haven't done it yet, but darn it, I'm tempted!


I feel this compulsive need to earn more money and satisfy more customers and open more options. Is this what it feels like to be addicted to gambling? 


Do you have any apps for any of your devices that you are totally addicted to? Please share, not that I need any ideas!

1 comment:

*~Dani~* said...

Oh my. I might have to get this. It reminds me of Diner Dash that I got sucked into on my computer. Those "time management" games get me every time.