Wednesday, October 3, 2012

So What! Wednesday


So What Wednesday



This week I'm saying So What! if...

...I'm as excited as my kids when I get to go on school field trips with them.

...I go to the gym way too late at night sometimes, but I do like being there when it's practically empty so the sleep shortage is a worthy trade-off for me.

...my dog is a total dork, but she is as gentle as they come and I'm so thankful for that.

...I envision a time in the future when I have no pets, and it makes me happy. I love animals, I really do, but I wouldn't be averse to a 5 or 10 year hiatus from sharing a home with them.

...I've already put a decent dent in my Christmas shopping, but it's going to be hard not to fall into my longtime habit of stressing about last minute gifts. No matter how prepared I think I'm going to be, it somehow never ends up like that.

...I have started the Couch25K program for the second time...I've completed the first two days so far.

...if my kids leave their wet towels and dirty clothes on the bathroom floor one more time, they might just find their underwear on the front lawn.

...that spy kit Connor wanted me to help him buy from the Scholastic order form? I told him he couldn't have it because he chose to spend part of his share of the purchase price at the Dollar Store. Then I ordered it through Mathilda's preschool class so it will be delivered in secret and I'll surprise him with it for Christmas.

...even though I was excited to chaperone Connor's field trip today, I totally expected the field trip itself to be boring. And it actually ended up being really fun!

...despite the fact that I enjoyed the field trip immensely, I am ashamed to admit I was snoozing a little during the naturalist's talk at the nature center. I'm sure it was totally a reflection on my wacky sleep patterns and nothing at all to do with the speaker (seriously, he was good!).

What are you saying So What! to this week?

No comments: