Wednesday, October 10, 2012

So What! Wednesday


So What Wednesday


Here's what I'm saying So What! to this week...

...I love new age/self-help books? They're so interesting!

...I'm really annoyed with one of Bethany's teachers, who told the kids that they'll get held back and have to repeat 6th grade if they don't do well on the MEAP* test. Nothing like freaking the kids out even more about a stupid test that matters way more than it should!

...I took Mathilda to an IEP** meeting at the elementary school this week because sometimes it's just  not possible to get a sitter for every little thing. She was pretty good and only interrupted me to ask what color crayon she should use next about half a dozen times.

...I'm still not getting enough sleep. When will I learn?

...I discovered the chocolate covered popcorn at Trader Joe's, and I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or a very, very good thing.

...sometimes I feel like I'm nagging my kids 24/7. (umm, news flash...I am)

...I use to try like the dickens to get Mathilda to NOT take a nap, now I just roll with it when it happens and let her get her sleep when she can. If you're wondering why I would try to prevent nap time, just know that for every hour of nap time she gets, an hour can be added to the length of time it takes to get her to sleep at night. I much prefer nighttime sleeping!

...I'm so excited to take Connor to Lego KidsFest this weekend! It looks like so much fun!

...my dog likes to come in the bathroom while I'm taking a shower. She cozies up on the bath mat and hangs out with me while I'm showering. If I don't bring her in the bathroom with me, she'll push and scratch at the door until someone comes along and opens it for her.

...I'm proud of myself for finishing the first four days of Couch25K. I never in a million years thought that I would ever be capable of running at all, and now I feel like I can totally do this thing.

What are you saying So What! to this week?

*The MEAP is Michigan's annual standardized testing

** Lucy is in speech, so we have an annual IEP meeting with her teacher, speech therapist, etc. to discuss her progress and make a new plan for the year.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

chocolate covered popcorn at tj's what!? how have I not seen this? ok totally planning a trip there tonight. thanks!!!! :D Leah {Lovely Life of Leah}

Jackie said...

What??? Telling kids they'll have to repeat a grade if they don't do well on MEAP... I live in Michigan too and have never heard of such a thing!

I'm going to Lego KidsFest too! What day are you going?

alyaia75 said...

@Leah...it's so good! Only problem is that I could probably polish off the entire bag myself!

@Jackie...I'll be there Saturday! What about you?