Wednesday, February 13, 2013

So What! Wednesday

So What Wednesday


Mattie had an icky stomach Monday, so we kept her home from preschool Tuesday. She was totally fine all day and super ticked off that she didn't get to go to school.

I missed my gym time yesterday, since I usually go while Mattie is at preschool. So I planned to go in the evening after my preschool board meeting. We even ended early, and I drove right past the gym and came home instead because I was SO TIRED.

Bethany has invited her whole basketball team over for a sleepover tomorrow night. That's right, on a Thursday night. They don't have school Friday, but Chris does have to work. When she first brought it up, I told her to ask Dad, never in a million years expecting that he would say YES! Is he crazy??

When we were at Castaway Bay last weekend, Bethany bugged me incessantly to go on Rendezvous Run, which is kind of like a water roller coaster. I'm not huge into rides (understatement) and I was getting so annoyed that she kept bugging me and bugging me and bugging me. Finally, on our last day, I gave in and went on it with her. And it was really fun! I even did it twice.

Chris and I tried so hard to convince Lucy to play Wizard's Journey 3D black light mini golf at Ghostly Manor on Saturday night, assuring her that it would not be scary at all. She could not be swayed, so I took Bethany, Connor, and Mattie with me to play. And that night...Mattie woke up with nightmares about the wizard. Guess Lucy was on to something there.

It is not lost on me that my kids might get some of their fearfulness from their mother.  See above examples.

Tomorrow is V-Day and none of my kids have their Valentines to pass out at school yet. In my mind I keep thinking they can just make some. I like to create unnecessarily complex situations. I think I need to simplify my life and run into Target later.

Friday night I am taking Mattie and Lucy to see Sesame Street Live. The only reason Lucy is happy to be going is because her friend is coming with us. These are the times we live in. Six is too old for Sesame Street. My godson, who is 7 and also in first grade is coming along too. His only stipulation was that he be allowed to wear sunglasses so no one would know he was there.

I'm about to create World War III right here in my family room when I pry Mattie's beloved polar bear hat off of her head to wash it. Get ready.

I have a book review due tomorrow and I keep putting off finishing the book. It's a good book, I'm just easily distracted. By the ten million things on my to-do list. I should add, my mental to-do list. Maybe if I put my to-do list to paper I will be able to manage all my to-dos better.

What are you saying So What! to this week?


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I did mine, oops, I mean, L's last night. His party was today. Ha!

Stopping by from So What Wednesday!!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

Sarah Park said...

What a busy life you had. Hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day as well.