Wednesday, February 20, 2013

So What! Wednesday


So What Wednesday

My kids have been sick, which naturally means that I haven't been working out. And even though it's only been a few days, I know I will struggle to get back with the program.

I just started watching Season 1 of Downton Abbey a few days ago and I love it. I am anxious to get caught up through Season 3!

If you follow me on Facebook, you might have noticed my recent whines about our newly acquired Hulu Plus service. I really hate sounding like a spoiled brat. I mean, I'm basically complaining about having 598 channels instead of 600. Nonetheless, I am annoyed.

I'll get over it. I can totally live without television, so missing a couple shows, or waiting longer to see them, is kind of only a big deal in theory.

We are ready to make the plunge and cancel our cable TV and our home phone. I am totally ready to let the cable TV go, but I'm all nerved up about the phone! I think we found a solution to help ease me into the 21st century - Magic Jack. Then hopefully we can keep our home phone number and everyone is happy :-)

Back fat is almost as annoying to me (on my own body) as belly fat, which has always been my nemesis.

I love days when Lucy likes the hot lunch selection and I don't have to pack her lunch. Our school district hired a chef this year to make our lunch menu healthier, so it's not as bad as you might be thinking. Plus I think she can possibly get more calories in her if she gets hot lunch, and she needs them!

I recently discovered that avocados are really good in smoothies. Who'd have thought? (Well apparently, lots of people. But not me!)

I am so happy every time I walk in Connor's bedroom and see how beautifully clean it is. 

Mattie has no preschool all week and I'm glad about that. She's been sick and wouldn't have been going anyway, so at least she won't be missing anything.

What are you saying So What! to this week?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there! New reader from SWW!We have constantly thought about cancelling cable and just using our Hulu Plus, but right now we have both. Hope it works out for you!

Sara

goneyonkers.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

I need to try avocados in smoothies!!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom