Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Learning Not to Be a Diaper Snob



Believe it or not, I went through three babies being completely, 100%, without exception...loyal to one specific brand of diapers. When Bethany was a baby, I tried several brands before coming to the conclusion that I only liked the one. And it stuck. I didn't even look at any other diapers to see how much money we could be saving. I didn't care how broke we were that week. Once I came to my decision, no matter what, we only bought the one brand.

Then Mattie came alone. I don't know what it was about baby #4, but after a few months Chris was able to convince me to try a less expensive brand of diapers. I was pleasantly surprised. They were completely fine! They didn't leak! They seemed to be comfortable! Suddenly, I was no longer a diaper snob. I started trying other brands and found that they were fine too. Some I didn't like quite as much as my old favorite, but I decided to stop throwing money away on the most expensive diapers money could buy.

When BzzAgent gave me the opportunity to try Kroger brand Comforts for Baby training pants, I was ready and willing to give them a go. Mattie will be three in a couple months, and I am so done spending money on training pants. I would say she is semi potty trained. She can generally stay mostly dry throughout the day, but rarely during the night. I don't quite trust her in underpants for long car rides, or if we're going to be out for more than a couple hours. So she does still wear training pants on a daily basis, at the very least for over night. I am beyond sick of spending money on them! This has felt like the longest, most drawn out potty training endeavor ever. While I can't control that it's not totally over yet, I can cut back on how much we spend on the blasted training pants. I shop at Kroger on a weekly basis anyway, so I used a coupon from BzzAgent and picked up a huge package of the Comforts for Baby training pants. They are cute, with pictures of frogs on them, and Mattie likes them. They are plenty absorbent enough for our purposes, with stretchy elastic around the legs and waist so they fit nice and snug. The material is not quite as soft and comfortable feeling as some other brands we've bought, but it's fine and doesn't bother Mattie at all. Then there's the price, which just can't be beat.

We also received a package of Comforts for Baby wipes, which worked great. They were in the pop up hard plastic container, which I mention because I have bought this brand wipes in the soft pack before and didn't like them nearly as much. These were a good size, soft enough, gentle, and did the job.

If you, like me, are sick and tired of literally throwing your money away on expensive diapers and training pants, give Comforts for Baby a try. You might like them, and then you can find something much more fun to spend your money on!

Comforts for Baby products are available at Kroger and other stores in the Kroger family. You can visit their website to find a store near you and score some coupons to add to your savings.

As a BzzAgent, I received free products to try out at home, but all opinions are entirely my own.

No comments: