Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday

It's time for a run down of my thankfuls for the past week!

I am thankful that today is the beginning of March. Three more weeks until Spring, people!!

I am thankful that Bethany has two more basketball games this week, and then she is done for the season!

I am thankful that I ate a donut for breakfast (seriously? my spell check  is indicating that "donut" is spelled incorrectly? I guess I'm supposed to be all hoity-toity and spell it "doughnut"?) and it didn't even taste good. I still have that yucky taste in my mouth. Eww. I didn't even finish it. I'm hardly even tempted to run in the kitchen and finish off the box. Generally I love donuts (hmmm...when I make it plural, it's not spelled incorrectly?) so I take this as a good sign. That maybe I'm starting to not love junk food so much. And no, Chris and I did not buy the donuts. That's what grandparents are for.

I am thankful for Mattie's current obsession with pigtails. She insists on pigtails in her hair, every single day, since I put them in her hair when we were at Great Wolf Lodge. So cute. Previously, she never ever let me put pigtails in her hair.

I am thankful that I stayed up for an entire movie last night. Descendants. See it, it's good.

I am thankful for Amazon. I heart Amazon, big time.

I am thankful that the kids have a half day tomorrow.

I am thankful for our new IKEA rugs. Love them.

I am thankful that Chris wall mounted the television in our bedroom last night. Looks so much better.

I am thankful Cleo sits nicely and lets me wipe her muddy paws when she comes in from the backyard.

I am thankful to have seen the bottom of two laundry baskets this week. There may be hope for me yet.

I am thankful that Bethany wanted to try out for the talent show with Lucy, and that she helped her learn the dance and was very patient and kind with her.

I am thankful that Connor had this kooky idea to make a Lego movie and that Chris ran with it and has been helping him with it.

I am thankful for Turtle Chex Mix.

I am thankful that we have a new portrait to hang in our living room, with all four kids in it.

I am thankful that Lucy now quietly tolerates being dropped off at the curb in front of school every morning with Bethany and Connor. No more leaving 10 minutes early to park on the next street and standing outside until the bell rings. Now we like to roll up just as the bell is about to ring. So glad I have older kids to help her and wait with her. This is particularly wonderful on mornings when I have to take Mattie with me for morning drop-off.

I am thankful that the main part of Connor's birthday gift was delivered yesterday. Hopefully the rest will arrive today! If not, I'll save it for his Easter basket.


What are you thankful for today?

No comments: