Wednesday, September 19, 2012

So What! Wednesday

So What Wednesday


This week I'm saying So What! if...

...I was obliged to accept 3 additional Novocaine shots at the dentist Monday morning, and even then it hurt. However, I decided to figuratively keep my mouth shut and get it over with.

...I am so happy with my new white fillings, I would totally endure the pain and discomfort again to get the rest of my fillings replaced.

...I am relieved the pediatrician finally broke down and said Mathilda has asthma. I definitely do NOT want her to have asthma, but if it means she is at long last prescribed some medication that will help her, that's all I can ask for.

...I'm still staying up too late. My days are so busy, I feel like I can't get anything done until the kids are in bed. And before I get anything useful done, I feel entitled to a little relaxation.

...finding time to schedule my sick kids into doctor appointments is problematic. I have been to the pediatrician's office every week for the last 4 weeks, plus once to urgent care, AND two kids have an appointment next week, one has one the following week, and I think I'm going to have to get Lucy in there tomorrow. When? When I ask you?! Stop coughing, kids! I mean it!

...there are a couple really fun opportunities coming to fruition for me in the coming weeks that I'm really excited about...

...I understand the necessary evil of school fundraisers, but they're already way past old this school year.

...I knew it would be chaotic having kids in three schools this year, but I didn't fully comprehend just how chaotic. I'm doing my best to keep calm and carry on.

...although I have determined that we will not be turning our furnace on until November 1st, I can already feel myself wimping out.

...I don't think we're going to get to swimming one last time this season as I had hoped.

...while Mathilda was at story time at the library today, I could not resist picking out no fewer than 18 books to check out for the kids. Now the question is, will we actually read all of them?

...Starbucks salted caramel frappuccino...oh so good...


3 comments:

julie said...

3 schools sounds chaotic. I'd have a hard time w/that too.

Carrin said...

My kids attend 3 different schools as well (high school, middle & Elementary). It is so tough to keep everything organized. I created a file folder for each school & put all correspondence it there. It does help but I still run around like a crazy person trying to get it all figured out!

alyaia75 said...

Isn't it crazy? I am doing okay so far,and as long as I put dates down on my calendar right away I can stay pretty on top of it. There's just so much juggling & so much paperwork! Right now I have preschool, elementary, and middle school. But in a few years I will have elementary, middle & high school. I don't anticipate it getting any less crazy, except at least I won't be driving back & forth to preschool all the time!