Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday




Today almost seems like summer. This makes me so happy I can't stand it, even though I know it's going to get cold again this weekend.

Today Mattie's preschool class was able to play and have their snack outside. When I picked her up they were still outside and Mattie was sad because she said she would miss her friends. One of her classmates ran and hugged her good bye as we were walking to our van. I am so thankful that she is enjoying preschool. She has liked it from the start, but she's been a bit wary the last few months, being clingy at drop-off, etc. This week has been a huge improvement. Just in time for the school year to end.

One of my headlights has been out for quite awhile and today I decided to go to the auto parts store, buy a replacement, and put it in myself. I watched a YouTube tutorial (I'm a dork but yeah, thank GOD for YouTube). And I did it! It was pretty easy, actually. I am thankful (again) for the nice weather because I wouldn't have been changing my headlight in the rain/cold/sleet. I am also thankful for YouTube and that now I have two working headlights. Woo hoo.

Since it was so nice out, we took the dog for a walk when I was done working on the van. My dog is 12 and not exactly the peppiest thing you've ever seen. Going around the block is the extent of the exercise she will tolerate. But I am thankful that she is gentle and slow enough that I can let Mattie hold the leash, which is quite thrilling to a 3-year old for some reason.

Twice this week my friend Tina has met me at the gym. Every time it makes my day. I am thankful for my friends and for my gym membership!

As I've mentioned once or twice, I got an iPhone and I'm in love. Mattie is having fun with it too. I am thankful for my new phone, and for Chris since he is the one who went and bought it and had it set up for me.

Connor got the worst haircut the other day. I am thankful that I only paid $5 (salon just moved into my 'hood and is having a grand opening special) for this craptastic hair cut. I made him an appointment for my girl to fix him up right this weekend.

Tomorrow night my mom and I are taking the kids to see Peter Pan. I think they are all going to love this one, and I'm excited and thankful to be able to take them!

What are you thankful for this week?



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yesterday was amazing! And then today happened! LOL!!!

I need to go to the gym one of these days! I have a membership. I should use it!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

Jeremy Norton said...

Today I am spending the whole day with my kids off from work since this is weekend and they love it a lot.