Monday, November 14, 2011

November Thankful #14

In honor of Thanksgiving, I'm doing daily thankful posts. I'd love it if you'd join me by commenting here or on MichiGal's Facebook page.


November 14


Today I'm...exhausted and have a horrible cough and a pounding headache, and I'm having a little trouble finding my gratitude groove. It's still there, I just have to concentrate and dig deeper.

So, let me start over. Today I am thankful for my bed. It's a hand-me-down Queen that once served as the mattress in my in-law's guest bedroom. When we first got it a few years ago, it felt huge. Probably because it was replacing our old Double. Now I have to wonder: how the heck did we ever sleep on that miniscule mattress? Because the Queen has felt positively confining for awhile now. A Double? Really???

But I'm not complaining, because I am right at this minute looking very forward to crawling under the covers on that too-small bed of mine. As soon as Bethany and Connor go to bed, and I finish with one last load of laundry, and take a shower and dry my hair and get clothes ready for the morning for the little girls and myself. I was ready for this day to end about two hours ago, and now it's getting blissfully close. I won't have any trouble sticking to my bedtime tonight.

What about you? What are you thankful for today?

No comments: