Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend Rundown

It's Monday evening and I'm struggling to remember what we did all weekend. There must be a vitamin I can take for that, right?

Friday...Bethany went home with a friend after school and then my mom picked her up shortly after she got home from her friend's house. She ended up staying overnight at my mom's. The rest of us just hung out at home. I left for a bit to get an adjustment and that's about all I remember about Friday. I guess I need to start taking notes.

**Ooooh I just remembered something else. Chris had a friend over Friday night, they were watching a movie or playing video games or something in the basement. So after the kids went to bed I watched episodes #3 and #4 of American Horror Story. I had all the lights on because that show freaks me out, but I love it! If you don't watch it, it's like a horror movie that keeps going and going and going. I can't wait for more details of the story to come out. Do you watch it? What do you think?

Saturday Bethany and my mom were running a booth at a local craft fair. My mom paints things like picture frames and a variety of other things, and Bethany had several of her own paintings she was selling. Chris's step-dad came to pick up Connor, Lucy and Mathilda so they could go visit Bethany and my mom, and then he took them out to lunch. While they were at lunch Chris and I went to visit Bethany and my mom. I spent much of my childhood going to craft shows with my mom, my aunts, and my grandma. All of them made and sold a bunch of different things through the years, from doll clothes to Christmas ornaments to aprons and more. It occurred to me Saturday that I should try to figure out how to make something so I can sell it and make a little cash. I just need to figure out what.

A few of Bethany's friends ended up stopping by the craft fair too, toward the end, and Bethany ended up leaving with them to hang out. This girl is happy to be with her friends 24/7. Since Bethany left I went back and helped my mom load everything into her car. And that was my Saturday. Wow, so exciting, I know. Try not to be too jealous.

Sunday morning, bright and early, Bethany and I headed downtown to a local college to participate in a research study. It was pretty interesting and I think a good learning experience for Bethany. Plus spending one-on-one time with my girly doesn't happen nearly often enough. And we got paid so woo hoo! 

The research project took up a good portion of our day. When we got back it was time for Chris to put the smack down in regards to chores, or lack of doing said chores adequately. This was not received so well, and Connor was moping around the house for hours feeling sorry for himself because poor kid has to do chores. Then I read him the list of chores my friend's kids had to do because she happened to post a Facebook status about something similar. Suddenly he didn't feel so alone in the world, and he realized he's pretty lucky because he doesn't have to cut the grass, cook dinner, or do laundry. These kids have it made, I tell you.

I also did a lot of updates to the blog over the weekend, as you may have noticed, like changing the design up a bit and adding a new About Me tab at the top.

It wasn't a bad weekend, just pretty uneventful. What about you, was your weekend at least slightly more exciting than mine?

No comments: