Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday's Letters

I'm linking up with Adventures of Newlyweds this week for Friday's Letters.


Photobucket


Dear Michigan, Thank you for giving us a real summer this year. I know some of my friends have been complaining that it's been too hot, but I love every second of it. Dear Father-in-Law, Thank you for deciding way back when Chris was a kid that it would be a great idea to put an in-ground pool in your backyard. I bet you weren't thinking back then that someday your grandchildren would learn to swim in that pool. Dear Favorite Chiropractor, I know I promised you I would find a new chiropractor and get an adjustment before  driving over 2000 miles to visit you this summer, but I'm afraid that hasn't happened yet and, looking at my schedule for the next few weeks, I doubt it will happen before I see you. I'll try, but either way my back and I can't wait to see you! Dear Bethany and Connor, I am so glad you have been taking good care of your teeth and you had no cavities at your check-up earlier this week. I bet you don't know this, but I'm probably more nervous than you when you go to the dentist because I don't want you to have to go through any dental work. Maybe I'm just neurotic, but just getting a cleaning is traumatic enough without getting shots in your mouth. Dear Dentist, Thank you for deciding to put sealants on Connor's molars, and for telling me I have another year or two before my boy needs to be referred to an orthodontist. Maybe his teeth will all miraculously straighten out by then? Dear Leap Frog, Leapsters keep my little girls occupied when they have to wait (in the car, doctor and dentist offices, etc.), which prevents me from having to listen to their whines of boredom, and for that I am forever grateful. Dear Cleo, If you don't stop shedding I'm going to have you shaved. I love you, but fair warning, okay? Dear Alysia, I know you've been busy and all, but next time you're going on vacation try not to keep quite so much of the packing for the last minute (ie: all of it). Also, go to bed for goodness sake! Dear Family, You all have too much clothes and I'm tired of washing it. I'm starting to get a little over zealous with the Salvation Army bags. Don't worry, you won't miss anything. Dear Legoland, My kids are bugging me like crazy to take them to your new Orlando location. Even Mattie won't stop. Those Lego Club magazines don't help the situation, nor does the fact that I keep showing them pictures of Legoland that my friends post on Facebook. I promise to write the most kick ass blog posts ever for you if you sponsor me for a family trip to your lovely park. All I need is airfare and park passes, I even have a place to stay!

Do you have any "letters" you'd like to write this week? Let's hear 'em!

3 comments:

Emily grapes said...

How sweet the pool your husband swam in now is used by your kids. I love that!

Yay for good teeth! I finally made my appt for a new dentist on Monday. Here's to seeing how that goes!
Have a great weekend

Came over from Ashley's linkup!
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Megan said...

I live in MI too but I have to say I am HATING this heat wave!! 100 degrees, NO thanks!! haha Maybe if I had a pool it would be a different story! :)

Visiting from Ashleys blog! :)

Unknown said...

haha I feel like everyone in my family has too may clothes to wash too-except me ;)

-nichollvincent.blogspot.com