Wednesday, July 4, 2012

So What! Wednesday

I'm linking up with Life After I "Dew" for So What! Wednesday! 




This week I'm saying So What! if...

We're leaving on a one-week vacation in a couple days and I don't have one.single.thing packed. Nada.

I've been staying up way way WAY too late every night. 

I am really struggling to keep my sugar consumption down. I typically don't eat that many sweets, but dang! everything has sugar in it! 

We haven't really done any fun outings yet this summer. I mean, I can't say we haven't done anything fun, cause we have. Swimming, sleepovers, fireworks, friends, Lego camp, basketball camp, strep throat it's all been fun. But I am going to try my hardest to cram in all sorts of field trips in August, when I'm in the midst of road trip let-down!

Sometimes I am way crabby to my kids. I've become more aware of it and try to stop myself in my tracks, but at times I am so overwhelmed with LIFE and SCHEDULES and MESSES that my bad moods get the best of me. I need to work on this. Pretty sure more sleep is key.

I never use sunscreen. I know, slap me now. I do put use a moisturizer with SPF 15 on my face because I don't want a wrinkly, leathery face before my time. But I don't really burn (much) so I don't bother. 

Connor had his first sunburn in nine years this summer. I do make the kids use sunscreen, but I forgot a couple days, when it happened to be like 98 degrees AND he happened to spend like 6 hours a day in a pool (mommy FAIL!). On the plus side, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want a repeat so I don't think I'll be hearing much grumbling from him when it's time to apply the sunscreen.

I don't know if I'll ever eat meat again.

My dog needs to get brushed every single day. My dog does not get brushed every single day.

I left bathing suits and towels out on the clothesline to dry the other day when we got home from my father-in-law's pool, and forgot to bring them in. And then it rained all night and all day yesterday. Now that it has finally stopped raining, I brought everything in. And it was still wet. Should have just thrown it in the washing machine to begin with.

What are you saying So What! to this week?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww that is the worst your son got his 1st sunburn. But yeah, I guess it's a hard lesson. Now he'll probably be the one to insist on sunscreen. You are soo lucky you don't burn. And good call on the spf moisturizer. I need to get on that train too but the lotions always seem so chalky and smell weird :(

I hope you have a fun 4th and get some awesome trips planned :)

alyaia75 said...

I use a moisturizer from Avon and it's really light, I love it! It's called Solutions am Total Radiance day lotion.