Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for...

14 years of marriage, and 20 years altogether with Chris

my mother-in-law babysitting last night so Chris and I could go out for our anniversary

free movie passes to see a screener of The Dark Night Rises

surviving standing in line for 2 hours at the movie theater...in heels

spinach and feta cheese pizza at Pizza Papalis

I actually liked the movie! All three hours of it!

Bethany's friend's mom taking her & her friends to a movie and dinner yesterday

having most of our clothes packed for our next trip already...well not packed exactly, but stacked up & ready to be packed as soon as I figure out what to pack them in!

my in-law's for letting us use their van for our road trip...with DVD player & a  lot more room than my van! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

perfect weather every single day of our vacation in Lexington last week

an awesome cottage in Lexington, and my own bedroom which I only had to share with children a little bit

my new gigantic cooler, that I paid nothing for, thanks to Amazon gift cards earned from various web sites

that Bethany read an entire book while we were on vacation, and is now reading the sequel and loving it

kids who do what they're asked to do the first time without argument

living so close to the beautiful and majestic Great Lakes

the end of Lucy's early-morning-the-waffles-are-gone tempter tantrum

being invited to a local blogger event tomorrow...I'm so excited to meet some other bloggers from the area, tour a dairy farm, get an awesome gift pack, and give away an identical gift pack!

a day to myself tomorrow, before all you-know-what breaks loose very soon and I'm stuck with my kids 24/7 for a two and a half week 5000 mile round-trip "vacation". And, FYI, I use the word "stuck" in the most loving way imaginable. I have a feeling I'm going to need a vacation from my "vacation", although I am really excited about the "vacation" nonetheless!

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: