Wednesday, March 6, 2013

So What! Wednesday

So What Wednesday



I'm counting calories for the first time in...well this is technically the only time I've ever really counted calories, with the exception of during college, when I had to do it for a grade in my nutrition class.

I'm really curious and hopeful about getting results from this whole Shaklee 180™/calorie counting/dietary supplement thing.

I feel like a big moron because I rsvp'd for a Twitter party, promoted it all day, got my grid all set up, sat there and waited for it to start, and then realized that it was over because it had actually been scheduled for the day before.

Mattie was a whopping 30 minutes late for preschool on Tuesday. I took her anyway. Her teachers know me pretty well and didn't even flinch.

I can hardly believe it, but Mattie did not wear a hat to school on Tuesday. This was her own decision, I never even asked her not to wear it. She asked me to braid her hair, too. Oh happy day! I'm so proud of my Little OCD* (isn't that cutest nickname? Mom of the Year, that's all I'm saying).

My gym time was kind of ruined on Tuesday when I realized that I forgot to bring my headphones in with me, and my Kindle Fire didn't have any books I haven't read downloaded on it. The gym should obviously have open wifi, don't you agree?

I'm super proud of myself for choosing to have a little bowl of nuts for a snack instead of ice cream. And disgusted that a serving of ice cream is only 1/2 cup. Seriously, who only eats 1/2 cup of ice cream? Why bother? In my former life, I was probably easily putting back anywhere from two to four servings of ice cream at a time.

I sometimes bite off more, okay way more, than I can chew. I annoy myself with this tendency.

I think if I had a first floor laundry room, my laundry problem would not be so ridiculous. Sometimes I forget it's down there until someone starts pestering me for clean socks or something.

I haven't washed my hair in like three days, and it doesn't even feel dirty. I think this means I'm not sweating enough when I work out. Which means, obviously, I need to step it up a couple notches.

Even after months of going to my gym, I'm still too intimidated and self-conscious to do the weights when it's crowded. But I know I need to hit the weights regularly, so I have to get over this.

What are you saying so what to this week?




*Yes, it's true that Mattie has some OCD tendencies. Like wearing a hat every.single.day since about Thanksgiving time. I shouldn't make fun...but it's kind of funny, actually.























No comments: