Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday

gratitude


There are days when I perhaps don't feel like sitting down and writing about what I'm thankful for. I'd rather whine and complain instead. Kind of having one of those days today. But, I am making a conscious decision to BE THANKFUL. I have so many blessings in my life, and never is it more important to remember that than when I don't feel like being grateful. Having an attitude of gratitude can change your life. I'm going to go out on a limb and even say it will change your life. So here's me...being thankful even though I don't feel like it today. Because it will change the tone of my day. And because I really am thankful, even though sometimes I'd rather focus on being crabby. Crabby is no fun - for anyone!

I am thankful that I was chosen to be part of the Shaklee 180™ blogger program. I never would have done a program like this on my own. I never would have willingly started counting calories and replacing meals with shakes and meal bars. It will be one week tomorrow, and already I am changing the way I am thinking about food and what I put in my body. When you only have 1200 calories a day to work with, everything that goes in your mouth better taste good and serve a purpose.

Just a few days ago, I was whining a little on my Facebook page about how difficult it is to restrict myself to 1200 calories a day. And already it doesn't feel so hard. I can do this! I'm getting more creative about how I get my calories so they can be fulfilling.

I am thankful that Mattie chose, all on her own, to not wear a hat to preschool on Tuesday. She's been wearing a hat every single day since November. No joke. The hat obsession will be eradicated!

I am thankful for a great group of moms who help me make sure Bethany gets to every place she needs to be. They are my life savers!

I am thankful for sunshine. A little sunshine does a world of good for my mood!

I am thankful for all the giveaways I've been able to offer my readers! It is so much fun giving stuff away.

I am thankful for a fun family night at Monster Jam on Saturday night. I love when all six of us get out together.

I am thankful for field trips. Mattie and I will be leaving shortly for a preschool field trip, and I know it will be so much fun!

I am thankful for Lucy's reading progress. She is blowing me away!

I am thankful for this day. It is a gift, whether it feels like it or not!

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Where is your field trip too? They are always a good time! Enjoy!!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

Jeremy Norton said...

No matter how stressful our day may be, but before we go to sleep, we still have a lot of things to be thankful for.