Wednesday, March 20, 2013

So What! Wednesday


So What Wednesday

We are leaving for Florida in one week and I am completely and totally unprepared. I need to get a game plan here!

I'm kind of concerned about how traveling is going to mess with my diet. I am bringing all my Shaklee 180™ stuff with me, but it's really the driving part that is concerning me. I like to munch on candy and junk during long car rides, especially when I'm driving. It keeps my mind focused and helps me concentrate on the road.

After not wearing to a hat to school for three or four days, Mathilda once again wore a hat to school yesterday. I continue to do my best not to make a big deal out of it. I've been telling her for weeks that she can't wear hats anymore when it's spring because it will be too warm. Ha. I believe the high temperature is going to a whopping 30 degrees today.

Bethany has bronchitis and I feel so bad for her! I know how she feels because I used to get bronchitis all the time when I was a kid. It's not fun.

I try not to let things bring me down that I have no control over, but the weather. Oh this weather is really getting to me. I can't wait to go SOUTH next week!

Since Bethany's been home sick I've been watching more television than I've watched in years. We had one whole day of Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta, and now we're on day 2 of iCarly. When I was a kid I was stuck watching soap operas and boring talk shows when I was home sick.

Sometimes Mathilda's memory blows my mind. I can't believe the stuff this kid remembers. Meanwhile, I can't remember whether I fed the dog this morning.

My little girls try hard to be independent. When they feel like it. Which means that sometimes Lucy goes to school with her hair looking not quite as....smooth...as I'd prefer. And there's often toothpaste all over the bathroom counter because Mattie likes to get her own toothbrush ready.

Connor reminded me that when he was in first grade, I taught him how to make his own school lunches. I told Lucy maybe it's time she learns, since she's in first grade too. She's not too keen on that idea. So much for the independent streak.

Bethany's basketball banquet was Saturday, so now the season is really, completely over. Which makes me a little sad, even though it was hectic with practices and games and tournaments for almost 5 months.


What are you saying So What! to this week?


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am so jealous that you are going away next week! Make the snow stop!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom