Wednesday, March 27, 2013

So What! Wednesday



So What Wednesday


I'm counting the days until I'm due for an upgrade on my phone. Iphone, here I come. Finally. Hopefully I make it until then without either stomping my phone to bits or throwing it out of a moving vehicle.

We got rid of our home phone that we had through our cable/internet provider and replaced it with Magic Jack. I've had an untold number of people tell me that it keeps breaking up but I don't care. Not going back. And also, it sounds fine on my end.

Because we are slightly nuts, we decided to leave for Florida at 10 o'clock at night and drive straight through. If you never hear from me again, you'll know that our plan back fired and the kids once and for all sent us straight over the edge of sanity.

I've just enjoyed about six hours of being home alone and reveling in the silence. Even my dog has slept quietly almost the entire time. Bliss.

I'm not sure how I'll handle it if we get back from Florida and it's still wintertime in Michigan.

Getting ready for a family vacation is daunting, and I can almost see why some people opt not to travel when their kids are young. Almost, but not quite. Daunting, yes, but so worth it.

I believe this will be our third year in a row celebrating Easter away from home. I like it that way.

A goal of mine this year is to get a passport, just in case. I have no plans of international travel at the moment, but I like the idea of being able to do so if the opportunity comes up.

I cannot fathom the idea of going an entire year or more with no vacation whatsoever. I get that money is an issue, it certainly is for us. But something inside me starts going a little haywire if I don't get out of town every now and then. I would absolutely tent camp if that was the only way to do it. Or course, I actually enjoy tent camping, so I'm not sure what my point is there.

I feel a little guilty leaving my dog at home while we're on vacation. If only she weren't a big, neurotic, shedding fur ball, then maybe someone would let her stay at their house and she wouldn't miss us so much.

What are you saying So What! to this week?


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I totally agree on the vacation. I'd rather eat generic corn and use no brand toothpaste before I'd skip a vacation!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom