Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thankful Thursday

It has occurred to me that I haven't done a Thankful Thursday post in awhile. It seems that traveling has turned my brain to mush this summer. But I have so much to be grateful for, so here we go...

I'm thankful...

That Chris and I are getting away this weekend, childless! 

The pediatrician's office was able to squeeze Mathilda in yesterday. This is the first time in over three years that I almost couldn't get my sick kid in to see a doctor. 

For the very nice lady at dance who did some rearranging so that Bethany could get into a very full dance class with two of her friends.

For my ability to go through Lucy and Mattie's clothes this afternoon with very little sentimentality coming into play. I did have a few moments of "Bethany wore that to a birthday party in preschool and I never want to forget that moment", but they were fleeting and I got through them. Salvation Army, here we come!

That Mattie is sitting on the couch happily singing to herself and looking at a book while she does her breathing treatment. And that she nicely drank down the yucky medicine earlier. I may have bribed her with candy but so what!

My mom does lots of school supply shopping for the kids, so I barely have to buy anything. Considering how unprepared I am this back to school season, I sure do appreciate that!

For Zumba with my friend Tina! I am uncoordinated as ever, but having fun nonetheless!

For my morning smoothies. They make me feel like I'm doing something healthy for myself every day. 

Our friend who knows instruments is going to look over Bethany's clarinet tonight and hopefully tell us it's in good shape!

For my mom and mother-in-law for babysitting almost every single time we need them, and saving us the trouble from ever having to hire a sitter.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: