Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Skeptics: Take Note

Since my health scare last month, when I wound up in the ER, I've been seeing a chiropractor regularly. After studying x-rays of my spine, he concluded that there is a whole lot wrong with it, including some congenital abnormalities. He thinks it is entirely possible that all of my symptoms were caused by my problematic spine. I'm still going to follow up with an MRI and a neurologist as soon as I can, but in the meantime I'm being adjusted a lot. 

I don't know how he just feels along my spine and knows where to tap with his little thingamajig, but somehow he does and I have noticed a huge difference in how I feel. I'm pretty sure I had just gotten used to a new normal of stiff shoulders and a stiff neck, because I didn't even think much of it until the stiffness started to disappear almost immediately after my first adjustment. After nine adjustments, I'd say 5 out of 7 days the stiffness and pain I was used to experiencing almost constantly is 80-90% gone.The pretty severe headaches I was experiencing 2-3 times a week have dwindled down as well; I've had just 3 over the last 3 weeks, and for the most part they haven't been as bad. When my Aunt Rose (*wink*wink*) came for a visit recently, I didn't have my usual day of cramps/exhaustion/misery that I always have during that time. In fact, I felt great.  The numbness and lack of feeling in my right had I've been experiencing quite a bit since my first episode back in November have improved as well.

Are all of these positive things I'm noticing a result of chiropractic adjustments to my spine? I'm thinking yes, there is a good chance of that. I've been keeping a health log, for a couple reasons. I want to monitor any odd symptoms and how I'm feeling in general in case I do have another one of my episodes. And I also want to track my progress with the adjustments. It's not quite been a month since I've started and I'm anxious to see how the next few months go. I'm feeling blessed and optimistic, and a little less scared of another frightening occurrence. 

2 comments:

ThurberGang said...

Chiropractic can only help if you give it a shot - good for you for allowing it an opportunity to help you! So glad that you're seeing improvements! On a side note, I'm enjoying seeing you so often!

alyaia75 said...

Me too Hilary!