Thursday, July 31, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy Opens This Weekend

michigalmom.com
Peter Quill, as played by Chris Pratt
michigalmom.com
Peter Quill, as played by Chris Pratt
Right this minute my husband and two older kids are at the movies seeing the long awaited Marvel film, Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm usually the one who waits until movies are on Netflix or bluray before I see them, so it will probably be awhile before I get to see it. For now I'll have to make do with a few pictures and videos. I've been hearing the buzz though; everyone seems to love this movie!

Wondering what Guardians of the Galaxy is about? According to Marvel:

Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” finds space adventurer Peter Quill the object of a bounty hunt after stealing an orb coveted by a treacherous villain, but when Quill discovers the power it holds, he must find a way to rally the quartet of ragtag rivals hot on his trail to save the universe.




Guardians of the Galaxy premiered at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood on July 22. Here are some awesome pictures from the premiere, so you can wish you were there.

michigalmom.com
Guardians of the Galaxy premiere

michigalmom.com
Taking a selfie at the Guardians of the Galaxy premiere

michigalmom.com
Guardians of the Galaxy premiere at the Dolby Theatre

michigalmom.com
Costumed fan at the Guardians of the Galaxy premiere
 Want to see Vin Diesel dubbing his lines in French? Well,here you go:





Vin, the voice behind Groot, actually dubbed his lines from the film in Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, AND French. The dubbing, done post-production, is meant to customize the movie-going experience for international audiences.

And of course, since I love LEGOs, I have to share this LEGO-inspired video created by YouTube star Forrest Whaley.




Are you seeing Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend? I'd love to know what you think!


2 comments:

Liz Parker said...

I liked it a lot (as did your husband, I think?? I saw his site did, anyways) although I like Iron Man and other series' better.

alyaia75 said...

Yes, they all liked it. Too bad I hardly ever get to go to the movies, lol!