Monday, April 13, 2020

Now is the Perfect Time to Practice Patience

I'm in a severely annoyed mood. I can't shake it, and that is not like me. I'm sure there are a lot of things contributing to that...for example I'M STUCK IN MY HOUSE. I have a tele doctor's appointment tomorrow, which is also annoying. I mean, I'm glad I can do it, but ANNOYING. A clue that I'm incredibly aggravated is that I keep typing in all caps. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude.

Anyway, Easter is drawing to a close, and it has been the strangest Easter in the history of ever. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice enough day. We did our best to make the best of things. We really, really did. And it wasn't bad, I don't mean that. Just different is all.

The funny thing is, I use to hate running to Kroger 10 times a week. Now I just want to go to Kroger, dammit.

So what better time to practice patience? I need all the patience I can get.It is for my own good to flex that patience muscle.

I need to be patient with myself. I've never lived through a global pandemic before. i need to be patient with my kids, they never have either. I need to be patient with their frustrations. They are valid. They might seem petty or annoying to me but they are not.

Deep breaths.

I need to be patient with Apple, but I don't know why. I guess just for the sake of my own sanity.

The thing is, there are so so many things to be annoyed with right just now. But what good is that doing me? There is good in practicing patience. If something keeps popping up in your life, it generally means that there is a lesson in it for you, something important you need to learn. I know that, but I need to remember it.

Right now, the universe is telling me that I need to really learn patience.

I think it's mostly the being stuck. I value being able to go when i want to go. Doesn't matter where. I'm so pissed that I can't. Not pissed at anyone, just MAD. That is probably the primary source of my impatience.

I can do better, I must do better.

Some day in the not too distant future, things will go back to normal-ish again. Not exactly the same, but life will at least feel normal again. A new normal but it is what it is.Everyone will adjust because we won't have a choice. That's just the way it is. I will be patient because I have to. I'm learning, okay? That is the lesson the universe is currently pushing for me to learn and I'm about sick of things being thrust into my life to learn it. So I better hurry up and master this one.

No comments: