Monday, March 5, 2012

21st Century Communication

Although I am a huge fan of modern technology, it took me awhile to jump on the cell phone bandwagon. I mean, I've had a cell phone for years. But until the past year or so, I rarely used it. I watched my husband, my friends, and family members being tethered to their cell phones and  I thought, "what's the point?" I don't totally live under a rock, so I heard about the advent of the iPhone and the Smartphone, but honestly I wasn't really sure how they differed from standard old cell phones. I didn't think too much about it. Chris got a Smartphone and I still didn't think too much about it.

Then I discovered the world of texting. I discovered that for someone like me, who doesn't love talking on the phone, texting is the perfect solution. It's so efficient. But I had an ancient phone and texting on it was time consuming and ridiculous. I started paying attention to Chris's phone and my friends' phones. I realized I could do a lot of cool stuff on a Smartphone. So I got one last year and I love it. I love being able to check my email wherever I am. I love being able to text with ease. And I really love the apps. I will sheepishly admit that my 10-year old probably knows more about apps, Smartphones, and texting than I do. But I'm getting better! She would most likely know the best ringtone app, for example, while I am still pretty clueless in that department. Mobile17 is one such app that I've heard of, which allows you to actually create your own ringtone.

I'm still learning, but so far I've been able to do some cool stuff on my Smartphone. I am embracing this technology. Do you love your iPhone or Smartphone too? What do you love best about it?

No comments: