Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Seeing Clearly

When I was about 12, I got my first pair of glasses. I'm fairly certain I don't have a single picture of myself wearing those glasses because I pretty much never wore them. They were for distance, so perhaps I slipped them on from time to time when it was really important to see what the teacher had written on the blackboard. For the most part, however, I didn't consider myself a person who wears glasses.

Later, when I started to drive, it became imperative to wear my eyeglasses, for obvious safety reasons. During high school and college, I was better about wearing them during school when necessary, and they sure helped at the movie theater. But I still took them off as soon as I could. Even though I was wearing them with more and more frequency, I still didn't really consider myself to be a person who wears glasses.

It wasn't until I worked doing data entry for a year or two during and right after college that I realized I was destined to wear prescription glasses pretty much all the time. That job did wonders for my vision, and not in a good way. This happened to be about the time Chris and I got married, and I was determined that I would not be wearing glasses at my wedding. I was still kind of in denial about being a person who wears glasses. I briefly considered contacts, but in the end decided to simply go blind on my wedding day. I probably would have enjoyed that time a little more had I been able to see.

Nowadays, I have succumbed to being a person who needs glasses to get by on a daily basis. But it's okay, I really like being able to see. Luckily, there are so many glasses frames to choose from, picking out new ones is not an easy decision.

GlassesUSA.com has a huge selection of frames to choose from. Plus they're running a Spring Sale! For 30% off any pair of prescription eyeglasses and free shipping, be sure to enter the code SPRINGSAVINGS. Please note that for sunglasses, this discount applies to frames only. But hurry, because this sale ends Sunday, March 25! Check out the website for other current specials. They even have a virtual Try-It Mirror, so you can upload a picture of yourself and then "try on" glasses.

                                                           

No comments: