Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Ever have a day when every little thing just annoys the crap out of you? Well that is the kind of morning I'm having, so I think it is definitely time to take a few minutes to focus on my blessings and make an effort to turn this day around. Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! Okay, I got that out of my system. Here we go.

I am thankful to be a stay-at-home mommy. It is not always easy, in more ways than one, but it is so rewarding to be home with Mattie, and to be here when my kids are sick or have a half day or an early release or time off school. I am so thankful that somehow we have made this work for the past 10+ years.

I am thankful for all the support I have received in the Wyndham Women on Their Way contest. At this point contestants are coming out of the woodwork getting 500-700 votes in less than 24 hours, and even though I think I'm still in the top 10 I'm not sure how much longer I can pull that off if these incredible vote influxes keep happening for the other entries. Nonetheless, I'm still in it to win it, and I won't quit trying until the end. All the people who have voted for me and shared my entry on Facebook and Twitter make me feel all warm and tingly, so thank you from the bottom of my heart, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. And I'm thankful that the contest is half way over because I am so done with voting contests! So done!!

I am thankful for real Springy weather in March! It has been glorious. March weather can go any way at all in Michigan, and it has been a real treat! My kids have been playing outside and loving it. Right now it's raining (and hailing) but at least it's not cold!

I am thankful that winter is just about over and we made it through the last couple months with hardly any sickness for my kiddies. In fact, they've been doing great. Generally they're afflicted with all kinds of respiratory yuck this time of year. Of course I'm probably speaking too soon...but usually March in particular is a horrible month for sickness in my household - we've had to re-schedule Connor's birthday party two times in years past due to illness - and I'm so happy and relieved that isn't the case this year!

I am thankful for great conferences and report cards for Bethany, Connor, and Lucy last week.

I am thankful that Chris is starting a nice, long contract next week. It should keep him busy for the next year or so.

I am thankful for the Castile soap that was delivered yesterday. I fully intend to be making some homemade, environmentally friendly and chemical-free cleaning products in the very near future.

I am thankful for a night out with my friend Shelly over the weekend, and for seeing old friends I hadn't seen in quite awhile.

I am thankful for mini cupcakes. They are just so darn cute, and the perfect size treat. I don't even feel bad sending my kids to school with one in their lunch box. Not too bad, anyway.

I am thankful for chocolate chips. Desperate chocolate fiend here, raiding the baking supply cupboard.

I am thankful for a couple more days with my friend Hilary before she moves thousands of miles away. And that she lets me come over and help her pack and stuff so we can hang out. That's right, my "help" is purely selfish. (Just kidding, Hil. You know I am happy to help, even if it means you're one step closer to leaving!)

I am thankful that we are planning a short trip to visit Chris's aunt during spring break. Yay! We can't wait to see you, Aunt Donna!

I am thankful that the finger I cut on the tape dispenser the other day seems to be rather numb and healing nicely. Which brings me to Aquaphor. Once again, I am thankful for Aquaphor. It is a wonder product, no doubt.

Okay, I'm feeling a little better and a little less annoyed. Focusing on your blessings works, you should totally try it.  What are you thankful for today?

No comments: