Friday, March 23, 2012

Kindle Comparison

I never, ever thought I'd be a Kindle convert. But guess what? I am. Don't get me wrong, I still love actual books. I still buy them, I still read them. But I've been getting so many free & super cheap books for my Kindle, and I love (LOVE!) that I can have so many books at my disposal on one little device. I love that I can slip my Kindle in my purse and take it with me wherever I go. And that when I have a few minutes to kill, I can take out my Kindle and choose what I feel like reading at the moment. It's so convenient.

I actually have two Kindles. Yep, two. First I got a Kindle Touch 3G for Christmas. Then for my birthday I got a Kindle Fire. I am keeping both of them because I love them both.

The Kindle Touch 3G:

...is easy on the eyes - more like a book than a computer screen.
...fully charged, the battery lasts a really long time (they claim up to 2 months, but if you use it daily I would say more like a few weeks - which is still pretty awesome!)
...the (FREE) 3G lets you order books without wifi. I love this feature.
...holds 3000 books.
...is simple and easy to use.
...has lots of other great features that I haven't even begun to figure out yet. I really should play around with it more and learn how to do all the cool stuff.

The Kindle Fire:

...is a reader and a tablet (think iPad, but smaller). This means it has full internet capabilities: you can check your email, your Facebook, or go on any website you want; and you can get apps for it.
...is full color and lit up more like a computer screen - which means I can read in bed without a book light.
...can play movies from my Netflix account (or other similar).
...has a super easy to use touch screen (just as easy as an iPad or iPod Touch)
...keeps books in (free) cloud storage. Now, I'm not 100% clear on the cloud storage thing and what all it means. But I do know that when I purchase books on Amazon, I direct them to be delivered to my Kindle Touch 3G, yet they also show up in my Kindle Fire's cloud storage. At first I was irked because I didn't want the same book to be taking up space on both Kindles, but then I realized that it's not taking up space on the Kindle Fire - unless (maybe?) I decide to read it on the Kindle Fire. I think you might have to be within wifi range to get a book out of cloud storage the first time (don't quote me on that), but once you've accessed it once, you can read it anytime & don't need wifi (this I do know for certain).
...is very user friendly.

If you have a Kindle, make sure you "like" Pixel of Ink on Facebook. Every day they post free or very low cost (think 99 cents) deals on Kindle books.

Also "like" Amazon Kindle on Facebook, because they post lots of good deals on Kindle books too.

Do you have a Kindle? If so which one do you have, and what do you love about it? Maybe you can share some cool features that I have thus far been too lazy busy to figure out?

1 comment:

andit kurniawan said...

thank you .. your website is very good. Your article is very helpful at all. a very useful paper. Thank you very much

http://kindlecover1.com/kindle-fire-driver-windows-7