Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Thursday is here again, that time of week when I search the innermost recesses of my mind to come up with a list of stuff that I'm thankful for. Not really, it's actually pretty easy to think of lots of things I'm thankful for, even when I'm having a stressful week (or 3) like I've been having.

  • I'm thankful that my friend Shelly went with my Saturday night to see Chris's band.
  • I'm thankful that the Febreze got the smoke stink from the bar out of my coat & scarf. There is no smoking in public places in Michigan, but the show happened to be at a cigar bar, where smoking is allowed.
  • After spending an evening in a smoke-filled bar, I have a renewed sense of EXTREME thankfulness for the smoking ban.
  • I am thankful for my awesome ob/gyn. I heart him.
  • I am thankful that my friend Cathy came over for a lovely visit this week and brought yummy muffins for us to share.
  • I am thankful that Lucy decided, on her own, that she's ready to stay at school all day now. So this week she officially started being a full timer.
  • I'm thankful that Lucy's first couple days full-time have gone really well. 
  • I'm thankful that really wintery weather held off as long as it did. I'll keep that in mind as I'm freezing my butt off today.
  • I'm thankful that I can always, always, always get my kids into the pediatrician's office on the same day. Yes this means I'll be at the pediatrician's office today.
  • I'm thankful that I have this nebulizer at home.
  • I'm thankful that my mom came to babysit last night so I didn't have to take all the kids to floor hockey. I was so not in the mood for entertaining little girls at the hockey arena.
  • I'm thankful that my mother-in-law gave Chris & I her Groupon for Lelli's Restaurant that was about to expire, and that she and her husband came to babysit Tuesday night so we could go out to dinner.
  • I'm thankful for that divine meal at Lelli's. I mean, it was really good. I enjoy tuxedo clad servers waiting on me. And I love a well-done filet cooked to perfection.
  • I'm thankful for our upcoming mini vacation. I can't wait to get out of here for a couple days.
That was relatively painless. What about you? What are you thankful for this week?

1 comment:

SoCal Tess said...

What a great post! Always nice to take time to appreciate the little things :)