Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm in a really glumpy crunky mood, but nonetheless I have tons to be thankful for and I'm thankful for this forum to express my gratitude.

I'm thankful that I hardly felt a thing when I had a slightly suspicious spot removed from my back at the dermatologist's today. I was so nerved up about going, but was keeping myself calm by assuring myself nothing would be done today, today the doctor would just be looking. WRONG. I just about freaked the freak out when he told me to lie down on the table so he could remove it NOW. Um, okay? But really I am thankful that he was pro-active and removed it just to be safe, and that it's over with. Now I just have to worry about the test results. And honestly it was over in about 30 seconds, he was that fast. And I am thankful that I finally worked up the courage to go have it checked out. Just call me cowardly lion.

I am thankful that I went to the dentist and had my teeth cleaned yesterday. I love how my teeth feel after a cleaning. And I'm thankful that everyone at the office was so nice because I really hate going to the dentist.

I am thankful that Bethany had sealants put on her molars this week. Even though she has not stopped complaining about it since...

I am thankful Bethany does not have a basketball game this weekend. Hallelujah.

I am thankful that I had an all out Land's End shopping spree yesterday, and between gift cards (which I won), sales and coupons, I only spent $15 out of pocket. And I got 2 dresses, 2 cardigans, 2 shirts, a pair of shoes and a scarf. At the regular prices, everything would have cost $376, plus tax!

I am thankful that I found a pink & navy blue plaid scarf (see Land's End comment above) to go with my "new" navy blue coat (which was $5 at a little church resale shop). Heck I'm just thankful for pink. Thank you God for giving us pink.

I am thankful for the Macy's gift cards I got for Christmas. Oh I love Macy's. I always find the best deals. I can't wait to have a little kid-free time to go clearance shopping and make those gift cards stretch. Or splurge on one pair of nice boots. Haven't decided yet.

I am thankful for free Kindle books. I'm going free book crazy shopping on Amazon. So far I've only spent 99 cents twice on Kindle books. I can live with that. I'm reading Lucy & Mattie The Wind in the Willows, I'm reading Bethany and Connor Tom Sawyer, and I'm reading myself a book of which the title eludes me at the moment. But one of those feel good-be happy-change your life for the better type of books that I love and gobble up for mental fortification. And I'm thankful for my Kindle. So much fun. Don't worry all you book purists, I will always love my paper books as well. It's just nice having a library at my disposal right in my purse, wherever I go!

I am thankful for being able to call a friend to distract me and make me feel better when I'm worried about something (thank you Julie!).

I am thankful for January weather that is not frigid cold.

I am thankful that after writing this post, my mood has greatly improved! Try it, it really works!

So what are you thankful for this week?

No comments: