Wednesday, May 1, 2013

So What Wednesay


So What Wednesday















Once again I am a day late posting Travel Tuesday. I try, guys, I really try. Some nights I just cannot peel myself off the couch. It's like I've been drugged.

I feel like there's a conspiracy theory somewhere with the weather forecasters around here. They'll say it's gonna be a beautiful, sunny day, and that at the last second sneak in a little "possible showers and thunderstorms" comment.

We thought we were going to have a perfect day for Mathilda's field trip to the farm yesterday. And then it rained and got cold. But we still had fun, riding ponies in the rain and all!

I was at Ikea twice this week, Monday and Tuesday. My mom and I went Monday, and she forgot something. As it happened, Mathilda's farm field trip was in Canton on Tuesday, about 10 minutes from Ikea. When we were there on Monday, Mathilda got a cinnamon roll on our way out. She said she'd get an ice cream cone next time. So Tuesday she got her ice cream cone.

I have a really cute picture of Mathilda eating her ice cream cone, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to share a picture from Instagram on Blogger. #technicallychallenged

I posted a picture of my blooming rhododendron this morning, with a comment that maybe it's time to take down the Christmas lights and cut the grass. And like magic, the lawn service just showed up to cut the grass. Happy day.

In Michigan we have what we call Construction Season. It lasts about half the year and is a real inconvenience. Especially because they never fix the roads right the first time, so they'll be re-doing them again in a couple years. My nearest freeway entrance is closed and now the main street nearest my house is under construction for God knows how long. Just a little something to make life more interesting!

Today I don't have anything planned until after school and it will feel good not to be driving 100 miles. Mathilda will enjoy staying in her jammies until 4:00, when she has to get dressed for dance.

Our television is being uncooperative today and I'm glad.

I lost Connor's boy scout camp registration form, which is due today. Always flying by the seat of my pants!

Tomorrow is my big day. Getting my hair cut. Maybe if it happened more than once a year, it wouldn't be such a momentous occasion! While I'm there I'm making an appointment to get my hair colored next week. Because if I don't make the appointment while I'm there, who knows how long it will take me to pick up the phone again?! And yes it would have made more sense to get my cut & color done on the same day, but the only appointment time I could get would not leave me enough time to pick my kids up from school. So after tomorrow, I can take a break from sock buns.

What are you saying So What to this week?

Be sure to visit Life After I Dew to read more So What Wednesday posts!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I need to go to IKEA!

And what in the world happened yesterday with the weather? It started off so amazing and went to h*ll in like 30 minutes. Today is nothing short of amazing though!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom