Wednesday, February 6, 2013

So What! Wednesday


So What Wednesday


I can barely run half of a 5K these days. I need to sign myself up for a race to get motivated. Otherwise I'm all like, "it's fine if I walk for half of my run."

Mathilda is not the best at sharing and it's pretty embarrassing when we're at the library and she's hanging onto a raggedy old puppet for dear life.

I need to get better at time management. A LOT better.

Plumbing issues are getting so old. Not being able to run the dishwasher and the washing machine at the same time for fear of flooding the basement is seriously inconvenient.

I am perpetually overwhelmed and behind schedule.

Last night I fell asleep before Bethany and Connor went to bed. Then I woke up and tried valiantly to read for a couple hours, but kept falling asleep every couple paragraphs. Finally I gave up.

We started to dismantle my so-called work area in the family room. So-called because really it is just a place where everyone throws their crap and where we hurriedly stash all of our junk mail and miscellaneous papers that we haven't yet gone through when we're having company. I won't miss it and can't wait until that corner of the room is transformed into something more functional.

On the flip side, I'm ticked that we can't seem to find anywhere in this house where I can have some space to myself without everyone else encroaching. Sometimes it's hard to shed my roots as an only child.

My muscles are sore today from yesterday's workout, and I love when that happens.

I have little faith that my kids will all be able to locate their bathing suits when it's time to start packing for our weekend trip to Castaway Bay.

What are you saying So What! to this week?


4 comments:

sara {rhapsody and chaos} said...

Cheers to sore muscles! Mine are a little tender today from yesterday's workout, too, and I love it :)

Jennifer said...

I've been slacking at time management myself. I tell myself I'll just do it later and then all of a sudden it's midnight. OOPS.

Stopping by from So What Wednesday!!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

Katie S said...

I'm excited to find another Michigan girl!! yay!!

Sarah Park said...

I haven't done the laundry for this week. I really don't feel like doing it. I'll have a bunch of clothes to wash next week.