Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday


I haven't done a Thankful Thursday post in a really long time, but I'm vowing right now to get back on it. I'm a much happier person when I place a heavy emphasis on gratitude in my life. While I do always try to keep an attitude of gratitude and remain cognizant of my blessings, putting it to paper...err, blog post??...well, it makes me think about it more. And sharing happy thoughts never hurt anybody either.

I'm thankful that spring will be here soon. Just when I think I can't take one more nasty winter day, Mother Nature always comes through.

I'm thankful for all of the fun things we have coming up in March. Everything from celebrating double digits to the beginning of Spring Break, and lots more in between!

I'm thankful for this stay-at-home mom gig. Best job I ever had. Not that the competition was all that stiff, but still.

I'm thankful for Pond's Evening Soothe wet cleansing towelettes, with chamomile and white tea. I mentioned them on my Facebook page the other day, and I'm telling you again - because they're awesome. I can't emphasize enough how much I hate washing my face at night...these things make all the difference in the world for me! They smell amazing, and it feels so good to massage my face and neck with one before I go to bed.

I'm thankful to everyone who has entered my giveaways! I have three going on right now, and it makes me SO HAPPY to see the numbers go up on the number of entries. I love offering these giveaways to you guys and spreading the joy. You can enter HERE, HERE, and HERE.

Even after having it for several months, I am still so grateful for my new bed. It is a real joy to crawl under the covers every night.

I'm thankful for honey. A couple of teaspoons of honey here and there have been helping Bethany and Mattie with scratchy throats and coughs. I've been giving it to Mattie before bed so that her coughing doesn't keep her up, and it's helping so much. I love giving them something natural instead of more meds.

I'm thankful that FINALLY we are canceling our home phone and cable TV. We got our Huluplus set up, and as soon as Magic Jack is done porting our phone number over, we are set to go.

I'm thankful for snow that melts that next day. That is my kind of snow.

I'm thankful for all the points Bethany has been scoring at her basketball games. I am so proud of her, and I know it makes her pretty happy.

I'm thankful for those lovely times when my kids help each other without me having to issue a direct order or talk them into it. Connor checks Lucy's homework. Lucy reads a story to Mattie. Bethany helps Mattie get dressed. I hope they understand some day how lucky they are.

What are you thankful for today?

You don't want to miss any MichiGal posts, do you? Then you should click HERE to sign up for email notifications!

No comments: