Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday




I don't feel much like writing a thankful post at the moment. I feel more like complaining about the stubborn 3-year old who makes us late for everything, and the crappy weather and lots of other things. But. I'm not going to do that. (Even though I kind of just did??)

Even when I'm crabby and irritable as all get out, I still have endless blessings in my life. In fact, when I'm feeling like crud, these are the times when it's even more important for me to take a few moments and focus on the positive.

Deep breath.

My family is so blessed to have taken an awesome Spring Break vacation this year. It was really beautiful, and I hope and pray that my kids treasure the memories of this trip. We did so many fun things, and a lot of it was made possible by:

  • Being able to stay at my brother-in-law's house (his big, comfortable house, with 2 guest bedrooms!).
  • Chris's parents giving us a little cash for our trip, which help to fund all the extra things we ended up doing.
  • Chris's mom letting us borrow her van, since our van needs a little work done before it could be trusted to take a 2000+ mile journey.
  • Legoland coupons in Lego Club Magazine (and my friend Jill for giving us one of hers, which meant we were able to get 3 of our kids in for free). Kids' tickets are $71 a pop, so this was no small thing.
  • My mom, who stayed with our dog while we were gone; and my father-in-law, my cousin, and our babysitter, who all took turns checking on and feeding the dog while my mom was at work.
  • Groupon for giving us a good deal on admission to Jungle Adventures
  • American Express points, for getting us into Sea World for free.
Also, the weather was wonderful the whole time we were in Florida, and the kids were little troopers throughout our marathon drives, there and back. Every single day was full of fun, and I am so thankful for the great times we had together.

I just realized that there's only about eight weeks left of school. Big reason to be thankful!

All this rain is hopefully going to give us some nice green grass and higher lake levels for all the boaters.

My mother-in-law picked Mattie up Wednesday night for a sleepover, & is taking her to & from preschool today.

We are all going to see Scooby Doo Live this weekend at the Fox Theatre, and I'm really looking forward to it! Should be a fun family day!

Chris is starting a new job next week, which should be a really big positive thing for us.

Catechism is over at the end of the month, which means a little less running around.

It's supposed to be in the 50s next week - I'll take it!

Okay, that's about all I can muster at the moment. What are YOU thankful for this week?



2 comments:

Jeremy Norton said...

That was a lot of things to be thankful for. It seems that you had a blast with your spring break vacation and worry-free as well.

Scarlett | Disney Wonderland said...

Great post - sometimes it can be hard to be thankful when you're irritated but this is wonderful xx