Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Everyday Victories

Everyday Victories logo
Thank you to P&G and Kroger stores for celebrating “Team Mom’s Everyday Victories”! Please visit the P&G's event page to play games, win money off your next Kroger trip and more fun!

As you may have noticed, I tend to ramble on quite a bit about how much I love summertime, and how I can't wait until summer break, and that I live for warm weather. I do love Michigan, but sometimes I think it gets harder and harder every year to get through the cold months.

Today, I'm patting myself on the back for surviving another year of school, and for enduring another Michigan winter. Yes, I know it was a mild winter - but winter is not summer, any way you spin it! I made it to summer break, my favorite time of year, fully intact.

Lucy finished her first year of elementary school and thrived in all day kindergarten. Connor made it through third grade with flying colors. Bethany successfully completed elementary school. They all worked hard throughout the year and had great report cards. They've had great times with friends and participated in after-school activities as well. Together, we made it through early mornings, lots of homework, playground drama, shuffling extra-curricular activities, projects and reports, and so much more. We made it to school on time every single day, even when we had to bundle up in boots and hats and mittens, in large part because they did a great job staying on task every morning. I'm so proud of my kids, and need to spend more time focusing on how great they are and less time thinking about the multiple reminders I gave them to hang up their jackets and put their dishes in the sink.

Our reward, the way I see it, for getting through another hectic year of school, is summer break. I am so happy and relieved that our reward is finally here. At least for a few months, we get to pretend that the long cold days of winter are but a bad dream.We get freedom to spend our days as we see fit, to wear skirts with no tights and open toed shoes without freezing to death. About the only downside I can think of at the moment is the constant need to shave, but that is a very small price to pay - and I'm more than willing to pay it! Products like the Gillette Pro Series razors and Pro Glide shaving gel can help to make that chore a little more bearable. And then, of course, I also have to remember to moisturize daily now that my bare legs are on display for all the world to see. No one wants to see dragon scales, least of all me!

Even though small, everyday victories sometimes might seem unimportant, those little achievements are the building blocks for the big ones. Leave me a comment and share: What is a recent everyday victory that you are proud of?

Hurry in to Kroger and Kroger Banner Stores for P&G’s big sale event, June 10–23!
At Kroger and its banner stores, more than 30 of your favorite P&G brands are at HOT sale prices through June 23, including Tide, Charmin, Cascade, Pampers, Crest and Olay. Look for tags with special prices throughout the household needs and health and beauty aisles, and be on the lookout for even bigger offers – like getting serious dollars off when you buy a bundle of products.
Before hitting the store, visit P&G’s event page on Kroger.com: http://bit.ly/KG6dw5
You can play games like basketball, track and gymnastics to win money off your next Kroger trip, download digital coupons, print a shopping list, and learn more about P&G products!
And as part of this event, consider trying one of these fab products from P&G:
Vicks Nature Fusion, Charmin Basic, Downy Unstopables, and Swiffer Duster Extenders!


I was selected for participation in this campaign as a member of Clever Girls Collective.
 

No comments: