Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday

This week I am thankful for...

Being able to attend Bethany's last field trip of elementary school last week. And that she still wants me to go on her class field trips. Wonder how long that will last?

Watching the whole 5th grade do a choreographed dance together on the last day of school. They have performed this dance before, at the Talent Show and during school, so it wasn't my first time seeing it, but I still think it's a pretty awesome thing they got to do.

School's out for SUMMER!!! Need I say more?

Beautiful weather.

The gorgeous rose bush in front of my house that blooms straight through to Thanksgiving.

My house being clean for one glorious day. That day is done, but its memory lives on.

A lovely visit with Chris's family over the weekend.

The new apple tree that Chris's step-dad and uncle just planted for us in our backyard last weekend. I vow to NOT KILL THE APPLE TREE! I can't wait to have apples growing in my own backyard! 

My own homemade carrot cake. It's good, I must admit.

That Chris put up a clothes line for me in the backyard. I am so ridiculously excited about this! I have my second load of laundry drying on it right now. I have visions of saving us tons of money while enjoying the fresh scent of line-dried laundry. Ahhhhh.

All the dates are falling into place so nicely for our upcoming road trip. I have a lot of planning to do! Happy planning!

What are you thankful for this week?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't wait to have a rose bush growing in our yard. There weren't very many plants when we moved in, so I'm slowly but surely fixing that. Tyler really wants an apple tree, and I think it's a great idea. A clothesline is on my hubby's to-do list this summer. Did you make yours or buy it?

alyaia75 said...

My husband bought the clothesline, I think he got it from Target. I love it because it is retractable, so we don't have to keep it out all the time.