Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful...

...for the cute peasant top I got on clearance at Macy's a few days ago, which was the perfect thing to wear on this almost-100 degree day. And for the summer dress I also got...although there were 3 dresses I actually wanted, I restrained myself and kept it to one.

...that Bethany's feeling much better. Leave it to my kid to get strep throat in the summer (I believe one or two of them had it last summer too), but at least those antibiotics work quickly! And I'm grateful that I realized within a day that it was strep and got her into the doctor right quick!

...that so far no one else has displayed any symptoms of strep throat. I'm knocking on wood as I type this!

...that I didn't have an actual heart attack when I found a massively HUGE beetle in my basement bathroom the other night. OMG. I was shaking so badly. I've never seen a bug that big in my house before. I couldn't step on it because I could just tell it would be super crunchy (yuckyuckyuckyuck!!!!!), so I got it to crawl on a piece of toilet paper and flushed it down the toilet. Thank goodness! My friend Tina actually asked me if I took it outside and set it free. Maybe if I had been thinking clearly, I would have grabbed a jar to put it in so that everyone would believe me the next day (I was the only one awake). But then again I was so afraid that if I left the bathroom it would crawl away and I wouldn't be able to find it, and then I would be forever terrorized by the thought that there was a giant beetle on the loose in my house. I'm still terrorized by the thought that there could be more. But anyway, I'm thankful I survived and that I disposed of  the monstrosity without incident.

...for Connor's Lego class at the community college, because he is really enjoying it, and also that his friend is in the class with him.

...for my friends who have been helping me cart my kids around this week, because as it turns out I can't be at multiple places at the same time.

...for the peaceful, pleasant hours I've spent on the college campus this week while Connor was in class. I've had fun with Lucy & Mattie, visited lots with my friend, enjoyed some delicious Butterfinger flavored coffee, and was able to read in solitude today because I didn't have to take any kids with me.

...that our a/c has been kicking butt...although we will pay for it dearly when we get our next bill!

...that as insanely hectic as life has been lately, I've still been finding small moments to really relish summertime, friends, and family.

...that I was able to re-schedule a play date with Lucy's friend, who was originally supposed to come over when Bethany was still contagious. And that Lucy is so so so excited for her friend to come over!

I could keep going, but I really must get busy! What are you thankful for today?

Please don't forget to enter my Dry Idea giveaway!

No comments: