Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fun With PicMonkey

Have you heard of PicMonkey? It is a new photo editing website and I am in LOVE! Right now, everything is totally free and there is no registration required. Of course that means make sure you save all your pictures, otherwise they will disappear from PicMonkey as soon as you close the page or upload a new photo. Also, it's really so awesome that I have my doubts that it's going to remain free. So go take advantage of it while you still can!

One of the neatest tools is the collage maker, where you can make a Facebook banner for your Facebook home page. I haven't done it yet, but how cool is that? I have a million things to do around my house, but instead I've been puttering around on PicMonkey. We  have Photoshop on our computer, by the way, but I find it so daunting! PicMonkey is way easier!

I'm sure I should probably learn Photoshop too, since I know there is a lot more that can be done with it, but for now I'm going with user friendly. Because PicMonkey is really user friendly. From the home page, just choose "Edit a picture" or "Create a collage" and follow the easy directions from there. The edits are almost all on a simple sliding scale.

Here are a few things I've done so far. It's been a pretty big week for Bethany, so I'll let her be the subject of the day!

Before......After   
Before.....After
Before.....After

I liked the first picture (of Bethany by herself) a lot before I started playing with it, but now I like it even more. The colors are so vibrant and I like the option to add text.

The second picture was already cute, but since the girls are sort of obsessed with mustaches, I thought I'd have a little fun with it. You can also add hats or sunglasses.

The last picture came out so dark, I thought it was a total bust. But I was able to brighten it up and add the film reel effect to kind of go with the imperfections.

I was using Picnik to edit pictures and make collages, until the site shut down a couple months ago. So far I think I might like PicMonkey better. I especially love that you can make your own collage layout, if none of the prefab ones are the right fit for your photos.

How do you edit your photos? Do you have a favorite website, or are you well-versed in Photoshop? Have you tried PicMonkey yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look great! I have never never of PicMonkey! I need to check it out. I use Photoshop (but I am so NOT well versed) and Picasa. I love Picasa for collages!