Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dinner Courtesy of SheSpeaks

Recently I had the opportunity to try a new product from Hormel via SheSpeaks. I wrote about it here on my blog, and as a thank you, SheSpeaks sent me some coupons for 2 FREE packages of Johnsonville Italian sausage and 2 FREE jars of Rinaldi pasta sauce. As I always say, you can't beat free with a stick. A couple nights ago I made a pasta dinner with this delicious combination. 





I apologize, by the way, for the wretched pictures. I have the cutest little pink camera that takes the WORST pictures. I am currently willing the universe to send me an awesome camera.


I poked a few holes in the sausages and cooked them, covered, with a little water, turning them every few minutes until they were fully browned. This took 30 minutes or so. I had to add a little water a couple times so they didn't burn. When the sausages were done I chopped them up and added them to some cooked rotini, along with the sauce. If I had had more time, I would have let the sauce and sausage simmer together for awhile before adding it to the pasta, but everything I do is in the spirit of flying by the seat of my pants. Nonetheless, it was really yummy. Thanks for dinner, SheSpeaks!

No comments: