Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday Thankful Round-Up

     
     
    Here are just a few things I'm grateful for this week. What are you giving thanks for? I'd love to hear about it!
     
    Thursday, May 26, 2011
  • Even though we never made it to Lucy's class picnic this morning (because sometimes we are just that unorganized), we still did something fun - I took Lucy and Mattie to the Detroit Zoo.
  • An unhurried, uncrowded zoo visit
  • We got to see the sloth up close. For some reason that just thrills me.
  • I remembered to take rain boots to the zoo for the girls, so Lucy got to splash in the puddles in the pouring rain while singing It's Raining Men. You just can't make this stuff up.
  • Ben & Jerry's...and so what if I've already mentioned that this week?
  • I got highlights in my hair...finally! It's been like years!


Wednesday, May 25, 2011
  • Lucy's adorable preschool graduation program
  • The way Mathilda says "hug?" whenever she knows I'm severely irritated with her
  • Spending a couple hours at the library with my kids today, and that they all love it there
  • That the rain stopped before our basement really flooded
  • Reading a book to my kids that I enjoyed as a kid (Harriet the Spy)
  • Cooking on the grill
  Tuesday, May 24, 2011
  • Living on a quiet, peaceful, low-traffic cul de sac
  • I'm getting caught up with laundry...almost there!
  • Pink
  • Matching dresses for sisters
  • My little girls love to wear dresses
  • Vintage Polly Flinders dresses (sadly, however, no matching sets)
  • Eating lunch on the porch with my little girls this afternoon, and watching them draw with sidewalk chalk
  • Only 13 days left of school!
  • I got the okay from Bethany & Connor's teachers for them to miss school tomorrow so they can attend Lucy's Preschool Graduation
  • The ease of communicating with teachers via email
 Monday, May 23, 2011

  • I tried on the bridesmaid dress I'm wearing in a wedding in a couple weeks...it fit...and I could breathe...and it doesn't have to be shortened like I thought it would need to be
  • Leftover cake from Mathilda's birthday
  • Sweet tea
  • Another peaceful, nighttime walk
  • I got a lot of reading done of the next book I'll be reviewing at Luxury Reading 
  • Spending some relaxing time in the hot tub with Chris after the kids went to bed
  • My chaise sofa, which is the most perfectly comfortable place to stretch out and read
  • Pizza night 
  • Paper plates
Sunday, May 22, 2011
  • A birthday cuddle with Mathilda first thing in the morning, along with Bethany, Connor, and Lucy
  • That Chris and I decided last year to start having small birthday dinners for the kids instead of huge parties
  • Mathilda calling her blueberries "baby grapes"
  • Heavy whipping cream, especially with fresh berries
  • My immersion blender
  • An absolutely gorgeous day, which beckoned to my children to play outside for hours
  • Mathilda's love of dresses, and that she said "my cute dress" when I got her dressed today
  • A husband who is not afraid to tell off a complete stranger in Toys R Us for berating and threatening her young child because he had the audacity to cry when he fell down in the store and hurt himself
  • Children old enough to help get the house cleaned up for company
  • The asparagus roll-up recipe I got from one of Lucy's preschool teachers
  • A lovely birthday celebration for my dear little Mathilda
  • My mother-in-law's offer to keep Lucy overnight tonight, and take her to and from preschool tomorrow
  • The walk I had by myself tonight, in the dark...so quiet and peaceful, perfectly warm-but-not-too-warm and with a refreshing light breeze
Saturday, May 21, 2011
  • warm Spring sunshine
  • the walk I took today, all by myself
  • the opportunities I've been getting to review books and products...it's fun to get free stuff AND to have the chance to write about it
  • the awesome chiropractic care I've been getting 
  • Ben & Jerry's Half Baked ice cream
  • Bethany taking it upon herself to organize the upstairs hall closet this afternoon
  • the appointment I finally made to have my hair highlighted this coming Thursday
  • the yummy berry smoothie I made myself a little while ago
  • Mathilda wanting to hug me all the time, sometimes she just sits by me and hugs my arm or my hand
  • Lucy, Bethany, & Connor all agreed on a movie to watch together this evening, with no arguments whatsoever (you cannot begin to imagine what an accomplishment this is...or maybe you can, in which case I feel for you)
  • Clicking "spell check" and coming back with no errors

No comments: