Monday, May 23, 2011

Giving Thanks Everyday

Here's what I'm thankful for today:

  • A birthday cuddle with Mathilda first thing in the morning, along with Bethany, Connor, and Lucy
  • That Chris and I decided last year to start having small birthday dinners for the kids instead of huge parties
  • Mathilda calling her blueberries "baby grapes"
  • Heavy whipping cream, especially with fresh berries
  • My immersion blender
  • An absolutely gorgeous day, which beckoned to my children to play outside for hours
  • Mathilda's love of dresses, and that she said "my cute dress" when I got her dressed today
  • A husband who is not afraid to tell off a complete stranger in Toys R Us for berating and threatening her young child because he had the audacity to cry when he fell down in the store and hurt himself
  • Children old enough to help get the house cleaned up for company
  • The asparagus roll-up recipe I got from one of Lucy's preschool teachers
  • A lovely birthday celebration for my dear little Mathilda
  • My mother-in-law's offer to keep Lucy overnight tonight, and take her to and from preschool tomorrow
  • The walk I had by myself tonight, in the dark...so quiet and peaceful, perfectly warm-but-not-too-warm and with a refreshing light breeze
Tomorrow I'll share more about Mathilda's birthday. It was a good day.

No comments: