Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Thanksgiving is obviously over, so I'm moving back to my Thursday Thankful posts.

I am thankful for cozy sweaters.
I am thankful for my heated house.
I am thankful for knee socks.
I am thankful for the remote start for my van.
I am thankful that my cough is 99% gone and I can finally sleep through the night again.
I am thankful that I think Mathilda is finally better too.
I am thankful that no kids had to stay  home from school sick today.
I am thankful for online shopping.
I am thankful for artificial, pre-lit Christmas trees. And I never in a million years thought I would ever utter such blasphemy.
I am thankful that Chris set up the Christmas tree while I was at hockey with Connor last night.
I am thankful that the sun is shining brightly today.
I am thankful that soon my babies will all be home with me for two weeks!
I am thankful for hot chocolate. With whipped cream.
I am thankful that Lucy has finally given in and agreed to be dropped off at the curb in front of school in the morning, so we no longer have to park and walk over from the next street everyday.
I am thankful that Bethany and Connor happily (more or less) take turns walking Lucy to the kindergarten door.
I am thankful for some awesome moms who have been kindly and graciously helping me out a ton with taking Bethany back and forth to catechism and basketball practice, and including her in their fun outings too.

As always, I have so much to be thankful for! What about you? What are you thankful for this week?

1 comment:

No more cough! said...

Alysia, this is such a good post and something I try to do everyday. Saying thanks daily leads to a better life in every way! Just today I also thanked for cough that is getting better and for having the right stuff at home to deal with it quickly. There is truly so much to be grateful for rather than always seeing that half empty glass. Good post! :-)