Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday Thoughts



Last week I had fun linking up with Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for her new Thursday Thoughts link-up, so I'm back at it again! Random thoughts about whatever are a specialty of mine.


  • Sometimes our preschool board meetings are a whopping four hours long. Four hours. For a school of less than 30 students. I think this just means we are super dedicated to our kids. And we like to eat and re-hash stuff. Incidentally, while I am having fun counting my calories, it's totally not fun when I go someplace and eat foods that people made and I don't even know what's in them, so how am I supposed to calculate calories? So then I just don't do it. Because, again, how can I? And it tastes too good to care. Also, after our four hour board meeting last night, I went to the gym and then to the 24-hour super center. I needed to get a snack for preschool (since I was working there today, it was also my turn to bring in a snack) and to buy hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes for Bethany to take to school to get last minute extra credit. The card marking ends today and she is trying to bolster her grade in math.* And I was terrified that I was going to get mugged because it was after midnight by this point.  (How is THAT for a rambling paragraph?)
  • I posted on Facebook yesterday that my kids ate breakfast off of dirty dishes because I thought the dishwasher was clean when really it wasn't. The soap dispenser thing got stuck and never opened. But I rinse the dishes so well before I put them in the dishwasher that nobody even noticed that they weren't clean. Bethany saw my post and is so embarrassed that I would admit such folly. I told her it's funny. She says no, it's gross. Okay, gross but funny.
  • Sometimes I start to type something and then I totally delete it because I think of one specific person who might be reading it. Not always the same specific person, just, on a case by case basis, a particular person who might read what I'm writing and not like it, for whatever reason. And I hate the idea of offending anyone so I don't do it if there's even a chance. That might be detrimental to my writer's voice or something. But still, that's where I am right now.
  • Today, my working day at preschool, was pajama day. After much debate (with myself, no one else cares) I just could not bring myself to wear pajamas out in public. Even though I wasn't going anywhere except to preschool and back home again. And even though a good number of the people I see out in public on a daily basis seem to be wearing pajamas. I couldn't do it. So I compromised. I wore leggings, a long shirt and boots, so I looked normal. And I brought slipper socks and a robe with me to put on at school. Perfect solution for me. 
  • Bethany pointed out to me that the school year is almost over. I was all like, no it's not! And then I realized that yeah, it kind of is. The time just flies right by. I can't wait for summer, but I'm in no hurry for it to get here! I want to enjoy everything between now and then. If only it could be warm at the same time, I'd be totally satisfied. Pretty much.


Are you a blogger? Go over & link up for Thursday Thoughts! The more the merrier!


*It is somewhat disturbing to me that we can potentially buy a better grade for our child by supplying coveted items to the teacher.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I kinda think the same way sometimes. Often I want to complain and then think, maybe I shouldn't....

And really, 4 hour board meetings?? I have trouble staying focused for that long!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom